Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a medical condition characterized by disability of the nervous system; the immune system attacks the myelin (the protective sheath that covers the nerve fibres) and this cause problem in communication between the brain and the body.
This can make the nerves to become deteriorated or permanently damaged; this can make someone with multiple sclerosis to lose the ability to walk independently or ability to walk at all. This is the most common autoimmune disorder that affects the central nervous system and it affects 2.3 million people worldwide and thousands of people die yearly of this disease worldwide.
Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
The exact cause of this disease is not yet known but there are many risk factors for it like;
- sex (affects more women than men)
- race (whites are more prone to it than blacks)
- family history
- infection by the virus Epstein-Barr and
- autoimmune diseases like diabetes, IBD or thyroid diseases.
Signs and Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
Signs and symptoms of this disease are;
- numbness or weakness in one or more limbs on a side of your body
- gradual loss of vision usually in one eye at a time accompanied with pain during eye movement
- partial or complete loss of vision
- prolonged double vision
- pain or tingling sensations in parts of the body
- tremor and lack of coordination
- slurred speech
- bladder problem
- bowel problem
- electric shock sensation that causes certain movements in the neck
Some people with multiple sclerosis can also develop;
- sexual dysfunction
- mood swings
- leg paralysis
- muscle spasms or
Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
For now, there are no cures for multiple sclerosis medically but there are natural remedies that can help one to recover speedily from the attack, manage symptoms and repair the cause of the disease. In this article, we will be looking at natural treatments for multiple sclerosis.
Natural Solutions for Multiple Sclerosis
1. Avoid processed foods:
Processed foods have chemicals, food additives, sweeteners and colourings that can increase the symptoms. Gluten also makes the symptoms worse and people with MS are generally intolerant to gluten so avoid it.
Sugar weakens the immune system, causes premature ageing and inflammation, alcohol creates a toxic environment in the body creating inflammation.
Also, stop using the microwave, irradiated food is not healthy. Eat whole, unprocessed foods, organic foods, fruits and vegetables. Their uncompromised nutrients will help to correct the cause of this illness and bring your body to its normal state of balance. Their high anti-oxidant level will also help fight oxidative damage by free radicals.
2. Green tea:
Green tea helps in supplying the body with anti-oxidants that helps in alleviating the symptoms of multiple sclerosis; its active compound Epigallocatechin-3-gallate boosts the immune system and helps the cells of the brain.
READ ALSO: Green Tea & What It Does to Your Health
This plant helps with memory and improves mental clarity; it calms overacting nerve responses, relieves leg pains, improves eye functions and vision, reduces dizziness and tremor. If you are on medication, ask your doctor if it is safe for you to take this herb.
This helps to stop bladder problems or dysfunction in those with MS.
5. Coconut oil:
The high amounts of medium chain fatty acids contained in this oil will help your brain and nervous system, correcting the problem and supporting healing.
The Curcumin present in turmeric has anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects that help to alleviate the symptoms of multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune diseases.
READ ALSO: How to Make Turmeric Tea (Video)
This helps in fighting nerve pain, muscle pains, stress, nausea and headaches. It also helps in treating IBS.
Relieves sexual dysfunction, helps with memory and clear thinking, reduce diabetes and fight colds. Ask your doctor if it is safe for you to take. Go for this ginseng supplement in tablets – Double Ginseng.
9. Omega-3- fatty acids
Will help in reducing the inflammation; good sources of omega-3 fatty acids are oily fishes, nuts and seeds.
Ginger helps with nausea, muscle and joint pains, stomach aches and problems, diarrhoea; it also has anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties.
11. Cabbage and bean sprouts
These foods are high in lecithin and this will help the body to strengthen the nerves.
It prevents seizures and promotes sleep, and relieves other symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
Supplement for Multiple Sclerosis
- Vitamin A: The anti-oxidant present in this vitamin can help people with MS, it is also needed for proper functioning of body organs and it delays muscular degeneration.
- Vitamin B1: This vitamin aids proper functioning of the brain; it is also needed for healthy functioning of the nerve, muscle and heart and it aids healthy metabolism. Studies have linked the deficiency of this vitamin to MS, too little of this vitamin in the body gives rise to weaknesses and fatigue.
- Vitamin B6: Deficiency of this vitamin has been linked to autoimmune disorders, abnormal function of the brain, kidney problems, confusion and depression.
- Vitamin B12: This vitamin aids proper functioning of the nerve cells, brain, red blood cells and other important body cells. Its deficiency leads to weight loss, numbness, tingling, dizziness, confusion, memory problems and nerve damage. It helps the body to form new nerves.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin plays important functions in the immune system, its deficiency cause serious health problems and it helps in protecting people with MS from deterioration.
- Vitamin D: this vitamin helps to support the brain, nervous system and also helps in strengthening and regulating the immune system.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin is very important for proper functions of the immune system.
- Magnesium: Some research have linked a deficiency of this mineral to MS; deficiencies in Magnesium can lead to tingling, fatigue, weakness, cramps, numbness, seizures, muscle contraction and personality changes.
- Zinc: This mineral boosts the immune system and fights neurodegenerative conditions, and some research has linked the deficiency of this vitamin to MS.
- Fish oil: This helps in reducing inflammation and helps the nerve to function better.
- Co-enzyme Q: This is an antioxidant that helps in converting the food you eat into energy; it helps in reducing the symptoms of fatigue and depression experienced during MS.
- Lipoic acid: It helps the brain and helps in reducing brain atrophy.
- Probiotics: These are good bacteria that help the body in absorbing nutrients thereby preventing malabsorption of nutrients in people with MS. It also boosts immune and neurological functions with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Multi-vitamin and multi-mineral supplements: Provides the body with basic nutrients that it needs to strengthen the immune system.
- Digestive enzymes: They help in reducing food allergy and autoimmune responses to foods; they also help to digest food.
With these natural remedies for multiple sclerosis, you will be able to manage your symptoms easily till your body overcomes this disease.
REVEALED! What Your Doctor Isn't Telling You About Your High Blood Pressure and Permanent Cure. Find Out Here.
DISCOVERY: How Man Discover Herbs that Cure Diabetes Completely in Under 90 Days Without Side Effects. Read for Yourself Here.
Do You Have Stubborn Infections, STI, Staphylococcus? Read How to Eliminate It Naturally Here.
He Discovered an Ancient Chinese Herbs for Arthritis, You Won't Believe How He Got Cured. Read Full Story Here.
This Home Remedy for Hepatitis A, B, C D and E is Fast and Effective. Check It Out Here.
LATEST NEWS: Fibroid Tumors Can Now Be Removed Without Surgery. Click Here to Read Details.