One of the most common desires among people everywhere, whether men or women, is the desire to look good. Businesses dedicated to helping people look good make a good income doing so. Many businesses charge astronomical amounts to provide beauty treats for a glowing skin and yet they do not run short of customers. Hence the saying, “looking good is good business.”
But looking good goes well beyond the clothes you wear. It begins from your skin.
Looking good is a total package that involves eating the right foods, applying the right products on your body (which is obviously covered with your skin) and putting on the right clothes to complement and enhance your looks.
Everyone wants to be attractive and that is the reason almost every home has a cosmetic shelf. The problem is most people depend on chemical products that do more harm to their bodies than good at the end of the day.
3 Simple Natural Beauty Treats for a Glowing Skin
Today I present to you 3 simple natural beauty treats for a glowing skin that will help you look great without spending a fortune.
- Coconut Oil
Virgin coconut oil is one of the most effective remedies for a dry and dull skin. Coconut oil locks the moisture in the skin while nourishing it with essential fatty acids
The phenolic compounds in the oil enable antioxidant activity that gives you glowing skin.
How to Apply
- Warm up the oil a bit before applying on the skin.
- Gently massage into skin in circular motions, particularly on the face and neck.
- For best results, apply coconut oil every night before going to bed and leave it on overnight.
You will begin to notice some improvement in your skin that will get better as you stick to this practice.
READ ALSO: 14 Surprising Home Remedies for Acne
Honey is one of the most important natural foods to always have at home. It has several uses as a result of its richness. Honey can be used solely or in combination with other products to cure ailments or provide delicacies.
The antimicrobial and hygroscopic properties in honey cleanse and soften your skin. It is also rich in antioxidants which reduce blemishes and make the skin soft and healthy when applied frequently.
How to Apply
- Rub honey evenly on clean and damp skin
- Take a few minutes to massage it
- Leave it on the skin for about five minutes after the massage
- Wash off the honey with slightly warm water
- For best results, apply honey every alternate day.
- Carrot Juice
Carrots are rich in antioxidants and which cleanse the body of free radicals which cause damage to your cells and skin. They are also rich in beta-carotene and vitamin A, that does not only improve your skin texture but also improves your eyesight.
Consuming carrot juice on a regular basis will not only improve your skin but will add several other benefits.
How to Use
- Cut 4-6 carrots with a small piece of peeled ginger into pieces
- Extract their juice and add some water as may be required
- Drink the juice in the mornings
- For best results, drink the juice every alternate day
As you’ve read, looking good start with what you eat and what you apply on you skin. Do these often and see how your skin will start glowing and you’ll look younger as well. Do you find it educative? Share with your friends.