Cancer is a medical condition characterized by abnormal growth of cells in the body and if left untreated can spreads to other parts of the body causing harm and thus death.
This disease affects millions of people in the world and is responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of people yearly.
Symptoms of Cancer
Symptoms of this deadly disease includes:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Compression of the spinal cord
- Liver problems
- Tumors or growths
- Extreme fatigue and other uncomfortable symptoms.
What makes cancer more deadly is even the treatment, the drugs and chemotherapy given to cancer patients kills all the cells of the body, they cannot differentiate between normal healthy cells and cancerous cells and other deadly harm they cause in the body.
Causes of Cancer
Genetic mutation is believed to the major cause of cancer as 90-95% of cancer cases are caused by mutations from the environment; they are not inherited from parents, the other 5-10% of cancer cases are due to bad or faulty genes inherited from parents. So in this article, we will be looking at the major causes of cancer caused by genetic mutations due to environmental factors like pollution, lifestyle etc.
1. Tobacco: Tobacco smoke is responsible for 90% of lung cancer around the world. It is also responsible for cancers of the pancreas, esophagus, stomach, bladder, ovary, cervix, bowel, blood, kidney, liver, breast, larynx, pharynx, nose, mouth, neck and head. About 250 carcinogens (chemicals or substances that cause cancer) are present in tobacco and are responsible for 5% of cancer deaths worldwide.
Once the smoke enters the body, it damages the DNA and key genes that protect one from cancer. So smoking or inhaling tobacco smoke increases ones risk of coming down with cancer.
To avoid this deadly disease, quit smoking; avoid tobacco smoke, do not stay where people are smoking and for smokers please do not smoke in public areas.
2. Alcohol: Alcohol causes cancer of the liver, mouth, throat, esophagus, breast, stomach, pancreas, colon, rectum and cancer of the digestive tract. When alcohol enters the body, it is converted to acetaldehyde, a carcinogen that damages the DNA and prevents the cells from repairing the damage. It also makes cancer cells to grow faster than normal cells.
Alcohol also reduces the level of folate in the body. Folate is a vitamin that helps our body cells to produce new DNA, it also produce reactive oxygen species that damages the DNA and cause premature aging. The more you drink, the more you raise your chances of coming down with cancer; drinking and smoking at the same time is very bad as it doubles the risk of cancer.
3. Diet: You are what you eat; foods are what builds our body and defend it from diseases, eating bad, empty calorie and junk food every time leads to cancer. It is okay if you cheat from time to time, but making junks or nutrition-less meals your main meal will do you no good. Over processed foods stripped of fiber leads to colon cancers, processed foods high in salt leads to gastric cancers, consumption of public foods or always eating at a fast food joint can expose one to aflatoxin B1 contamination which causes liver cancer.
Fruits, vegetables and organic crops should be your main meal; and eat more of organic fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid processed foods, fruit juices loaded with preservatives, food additives, colorings, taste enhancers, monosodium glutamate and other forms of sugar, white flour stripped of all its nutrients, noodles, spaghetti and too much of red meat. Also drink lot of water.
4. Obesity: Obesity causes many types of cancers and it is responsible for 14-20% of cancer rates worldwide. Excessive body weight has strong links to cancer of the breast in women who have reached menopause, cancer of the colon, rectum, pancreas, kidney, esophagus, lining of the uterus. It raises the risks of other types of cancers like cancer of the ovary, cervix, gall bladder, prostate, etc.
Obesity reduces immune functions and increases the risks of inflammation, it causes an imbalance in the levels of hormones in the body and disrupts metabolism in general. If you are overweight, try to lose weight naturally. Do not use strict dieting as they harm the body and cause eating disorder. Try walking (not jogging) for one hour every day, eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and engage in a water or fruit juice fast regularly. Make this a lifestyle, you will lose weight and not gain it back.
5. Infections: Infections caused by viruses are responsible for 18% of cancer deaths around the world; example is cervical cancer caused by the human papillomavirus. Infections can also be caused by bacteria and parasites. When these virus, bacteria and parasites enters our body; some of them insert their own genes into the host cells, making the cells to grow out of control. Some of them directly affect the genes that control the growth of their own cells; all this weakens the immune system which is meant to protect one against cancer.
6. Sedentary Lifestyle: This leads to excess body weight; it has negative impact on the endocrine and immune system. Examples of sedentary behaviors are long hours of watching television or playing video games sitting or lying down, always sitting down especially at work, always lying down, not engaging in exercises, not having a job, work or hobby that keeps you active. Sedentary lifestyle have been linked to cancer of the bowels, breast, womb, lung etc. Pick a job or hobby that will make you active or engage in sports or exercise after your working hours.
7. Pollution: Exposure to certain chemicals and substances that can cause cancer (carcinogens) is a risk factor. Carcinogens such as nitrosamines, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, asbestos fibers, benzene, cobalt, nickel, crystalline silica etc. They cause cancer when you inhale or ingest them for a length of time like few years. You should detoxify your body system often.
8. Radiation: Ionizing radiation and non-ionizing radiation are responsible for 10% of cancer cases worldwide. They mostly cause skin cancers. Exposing self to ultraviolet radiation from extreme sunlight, exposure to radon gas, medical imaging, radiations from mobile phones and laptops and electric power transmission all raises the risks of one having cancer. Use this Anti-Rad Device to reduce radiations from your smartphones, micro-wave, televisions, laptops and all other electronic gadgets.
Watch What Phone Radiation Can Do to Your Health
Radiation from your phones, laptops, TV sets, microwave ovens and other electronic devices cause so many damages to your health. Make use of Greenlife’s Anti-Rad stickers to reduce harmful radiation by 95%. Click here to order the Anti-Rad sticker. Buy it, stick it on your devices and you’re safe. I have the Greenlife’s Anti-Rad stickers attached to both of my 2 phones (Samsung S6 and OnePlus 3T), my HP laptop, my television set and microwave oven. You too should get one because health is wealth.
Natural Solution for Cancer
Cancer can be treated naturally using some powerful, ancient Chinese herbs. Click here to read more about the anti-cancer herbal formula.
From this article, we can see that cancer can be prevented when we avoid the things that cause it and live a healthy lifestyle.