Hepatitis is the inflammation of the liver, it has five types and hepatitis A is the most common in Africa, India and other poor parts of the world.
Symptoms include being sick or feeling sick, joint pain, low-grade fever, yellowing of the eyes and skin, loss of appetite, pale coloured faeces, dark coloured urine, fatigue, itchy skin and skin rash, mild headache, persistent joint pain and abdominal pain.
It takes two to six weeks for the symptoms to develop after being infected with the virus and the symptoms can last up to six months and then clears up on its own with the liver recovering fully. Hepatitis A is not as dangerous as Hepatitis B and C.
It is usually caused by the Hepatitis A virus; a healthy person can become infected by faecal-oral route when he/she comes in contact with something or food that has been contaminated with the stool or faeces of an infected person, example is eating foods that have been contaminated with raw sewage or by drinking contaminated water.
Although less common, it can also spread through anal sex and sharing needles with an infected person. Though Hepatitis A is not a serious type of hepatitis it still needs treatment so that it will not lead to hepatitis C or scarring of the liver.
Medical treatment includes giving the patient paracetamol, pain-relieving drugs, drugs that stop vomiting, and vaccinations all of which have unpleasant side effects.
We will be looking at home remedies that can relieve or reduce the symptoms of Hepatitis A.
1. Eat a lot of anti-inflammatory foods: Hepatitis is simply the inflammation of the liver so eating plenty of anti-inflammatory food will help relieve the symptoms and help one heal faster.
Examples of anti-inflammatory foods are dark green leafy vegetables, cabbage, celery, beets, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, berries, pineapples, citrus fruits (oranges), walnuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds and flaxseeds.
Consuming plenty of these foods on a daily basis will help you recover fast.
2. Herbs and spices: Taking anti-inflammatory herbs and spices and including them regularly in your meals will make healing faster.
Herbs like turmeric, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper are good in fighting inflammation. You can also take them like tea.
Ginger tea is very helpful in treating Hepatitis; it relieves upset stomach, nausea, reduces inflammation, reduces pains and treats infections. Drink the tea 2-3 times daily and you can also add 3 drops of ginger essential oil to your bathing water.
3. Avoid processed foods: avoid sugar and sugary foods, processed and packaged foods, refined carbohydrates, hydrogenation oils and Trans fat because they lead to inflammation thereby worsening the symptoms.
Instead consume healthy fats like coconut oil, avocados, olive oil; take more of gluten-free grains like millet, brown rice, oats and quinoa.
4. Drink enough water: staying hydrated will help replace lost body fluids especially when you are having diarrhoea or vomiting. It also helps to clear toxins from the liver.
5. Avoid stress and get plenty rest: avoiding stress and getting plenty of sleep enables your body to fight hepatitis A, it also helps to strengthen the immune system.
6. Essential oils: lavender oil helps one to relax and sleep well. It can also reduce the impact of stress on the body. Diffuse 5 drops of lavender oil or apply it to your temples and wrists before going to bed.
Peppermint oil also gets rid of nausea, vomiting and boosts energy level without side effects. You can add five drops to your bathing water or to your cool compress before placing it on your head or you can rub few drops at the back of your neck or under your feet.
7. Avoid alcohol: it leads to inflammation of the liver and this is the main cause of hepatitis.
8. Take milk thistle: milk thistle is a natural liver tonic, silymarin is the active ingredient gotten from the seeds of milk thistle. It protects the outer membrane of the liver, preventing toxins from entering.
It also stimulates protein synthesis in the cells of the liver which helps in repair and regeneration of the liver.
Silymarin is also a strong antioxidant that reduces the effect of the damage caused by prescription and non-prescription drugs, alcohol, pollutants, scarring and hepatitis to the liver.
9. Reishi mushroom: aids in balancing the immune system and helps in proper functioning of the liver.
10. Black seed oil: strengthens the immune system, improves liver functions, restores normal functioning of the liver and it is widely believed to be a cure for everything except death.
I recommend the Hepatitis Curative Pack here. The Pack is a natural solution effective in treating all forms of hepatitis, including hepatitis A, B, C, D and E. Read more about this tested and proven pack here.
While taking care of yourself at home, it is very important to see your doctor often and to carry out regular liver test to see how fast you are recovering or to know when a serious medical help has to come in.
3 LIES Your Doctor Told You About Your Diabetes and How to Get CURED In Under 60 Days Permanently. Click Here NOW.
How I Permanently Normalized My Blood Pressure Naturally In 2 Months Without Dangerous Drugs & Live Freely Again. Learn More Here.
A Natural Method to Eliminate all Forms of Infections, STDs, etc. Find Out Here.
Arthritis is Curable Using this Ancient Chinese Herbs. Click Here to Read More.
Natural Cure for Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E in Under 60 Days. Click Here to Read How.
Do You Know? Fibroid Can Be Removed WIthout Surgery. Click Here to Read How.