Pile, also known as hemorrhoids, is a medical condition characterized by swollen and inflamed veins in the anus and rectum, causing discomfort, pain and bleeding when excreting. It does not usually have pronounced symptoms and many people don’t even know that they have it.
However some symptoms of pile are bleeding after passing a stool and the blood is usually bright red in colour, itchy bottom; soreness, redness and swelling around the anus, mucus discharge after passing a stool, a lump hanging down outside of the anus which will need to be pushed back after passing a stool, and urge to have bowel movement even when there is no stool. Pile is not a painful condition unless the blood supply to the veins is interrupted or low.
What Causes Pile?
The exact cause of pile is not yet known but there are some risk factors for it like:
- Increased blood pressure in the blood vessels of the anus and areas around the anus.
- Constipation can also cause pile due to too much straining during bowel movement.
- Having a family history of pile.
- Eating lot of processed foods that have been stripped of fiber and nutrients. Fibers in diet prevents constipation and when one eats lots of fiber-less foods, constipation sets in and pile can result.
- Chronic diarrhea also makes one vulnerable to pile.
- Being overweight can make one vulnerable to pile.
- Age; older people between the ages of 45 and 65 are at risk of pile because their supporting tissues are weak.
- Pregnancy; this puts pressure on your pelvic blood vessels making them to swell.
- Regularly lifting heavy objects.
- Persistent cough or repeated vomiting
- Sitting down for long period of time.
Pile usually go on their own after a few days and you can even buy drugs from a pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription, but in this article, I want to show you kitchen ingredients that you can use to treat pile easily and without side effects.
13 Good Home Remedies for Pile
1. Warm water treatment: Experts usually advice people with painful pile to sit in warm water for 15 minutes several times a day and most especially after passing a stool. This is one of the best treatments for pile. You can add Epsom salt to relieve the pain faster. If you don’t have a small plastic tub or wide bowl that you can sit over, you can take a warm bath instead but apply the warm water to the affected area.
2. Cold compresses: Applying ice packs or clothes dipped in cold water to the anus for 15 minutes relieves swelling and numbs the pain. This is an effective treatment for large and painful pile. Do not apply frozen thing directly on the skin, wrap it in a cloth or paper towel.
3. Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a powerful plant with anti-inflammatory properties that will help soothe the inflammation caused by pile, use the pure gel on the hemorrhoid. Do not use this if you are allergic to aloe vera; if you are allergic to onions and garlic, you will also be allergic to aloe vera. And to be sure that you will not react to the specie of aloe vera you want to use, cut a piece of it and rub little of the gel on your forearm; wait for 24-48 hours, if nothing happens, you are free to use it.
4. Lemon juice: It contains powerful ingredients that strengthen capillaries and blood vessel thereby preventing constipation. You can either drink the juice or dip a cotton ball in the juice and apply it on the hemorrhoid.
5. Epsom salt and glycerin: This is a powerful treatment for painful pile. Mix two table spoons of Epsom salts with two table spoons of glycerin put the mixture on a gauze pad and place it on the painful area for 15-20 minutes. Repeat this process every 4 to 6 hours until the pain is gone.
6. Kitchen oils: Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that will help with the symptoms; it will reduce the irritation, swelling and urge to scratch. Almond oil will moisturize and ease the inflammation; it will also relieve the burning and itchy sensation. Olive oil will increase the elasticity of blood vessels, shrink the size of swollen blood vessels and reduce inflammation. Dip a cotton ball in any of the oil and apply to the affected area several times a day. Or you consume them orally and add them when preparing your meals.
7. Apple cider vinegar: This brings instant relief to pile, reduce the pain and itching, shrinks swollen blood vessels. For faster result, use unfiltered and unpasteurized vinegar. Soak cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and press it against the affected area, there will be a tingling sensation, endure and soon you will get your relief. Do this several times a day. Or you can add one tea spoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water; you can add lemon and honey for taste drink it twice daily for internal pile.
8. Tea tree oil: The powerful anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil reduce the swelling and itching. Do not take this oil orally and do not insert it into your anus. Dilute it with carrier oil like coconut or olive oil, and immediately apply it to the affected area.
9. Psyllium husks: This is a supplement rich in fiber; it softens stools, makes one pass bowels quickly, easily and without pain thereby preventing constipation which is one of the causes of pile. Take it according to the prescription on the label and be careful not to take too much as too much of it can cause stomach cramps and gas.
10. Witch hazel: This is a powerful herb that is known to reduce pain, itching, swelling and bleeding until the pile heals. The tannins and oils present in it reduce the inflammation and slow the rate of bleeding. It also tightens the skin and it is safe to use it directly on the pile. If you don’t have the herb or liquid, you can buy soap or wipes that contains witch hazel and use it.
11. Tissue paper: Using tissue paper after bowel movement can worsen the symptoms of existing pile. Rather use wipes with soothing anti-inflammatory ingredients like witch hazel or aloe vera; avoid wipes that have irritants like alcohol and perfume as they can increase the intensity of the symptoms instead of relieving them; or better still use warm water with Epsom salt to wash after every bowel movement.
12. Fiber foods: Eat lots of foods that have fiber content to prevent constipation which is a major cause of pile. Foods with high fiber contents are brown rice, whole grains, corn, beans, eating potato with skin, nuts like almonds, walnuts and pecans, berries with their seeds and skins, oatmeal, dark green leafy vegetables and bran cereal. Also drink lot of water to clean your system, hydrate your body and ease bowel movement.
13. Loose cotton clothing: Wearing loosed cotton clothing and underwear will help keep the anal area clean and dry, thereby reducing the symptoms.
Now you have it – 13 natural solutions to treating piles or hemorrhoids. However, if you have tried all these home remedies and the pile is still persisting, you should get this herbal formula – Pile Care Pack. It is a natural solution for treating all forms of pile permanently.
Also, contact your doctor immediately to check you and to make sure it is not other serious medical conditions like strangulated pile, tissue death, anal or colorectal cancer.
3 LIES Your Doctor Told You About Your Diabetes and How to Get CURED In Under 60 Days Permanently. Click Here NOW.
How I Permanently Normalized My Blood Pressure Naturally In 2 Months Without Dangerous Drugs & Live Freely Again. Learn More Here.
A Natural Method to Eliminate all Forms of Infections, STDs, etc. Find Out Here.
Arthritis is Curable Using this Ancient Chinese Herbs. Click Here to Read More.
Natural Cure for Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E in Under 60 Days. Click Here to Read How.
Do You Know? Fibroid Can Be Removed WIthout Surgery. Click Here to Read How.