Stomach ulcers, also called peptic ulcers, are painful sores that are found in the lining of the stomach. It occurs when the thick layer of mucus that protects the stomach from digestive juices is reduced; thereby allowing the digestive acids to eat the tissues that line the stomach and this is what leads to ulcer.
Risk factors for stomach ulcers are an infection by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), long term use of pain killer drugs like aspirin, naproxen or ibuprofen. If left untreated, it can become severe.
Symptoms of stomach ulcers are burning sensation or pain in the middle of your abdomen, the pain will be intense when you are hungry, weight loss, loss of appetite, vomiting or nausea, bloating, getting filled easily, acid reflex or heart burn, anemia, dark stools, bloody vomits, etc.
16 Natural Methods to Fight Stomach Ulcer
Drugs are being given to treat stomach ulcers but they come with side effects like nausea, dizziness, headaches, diarrhea and abdominal pain. In this article, we will be looking at natural methods that are potent in fighting stomach ulcers.
1. Cabbage: Lactic acid present in cabbage produces an amino acid that goes to the lining of the stomach to strengthen it and heal the ulcer. It has a huge amount of vitamin C that helps the body fight against pylori. Chop cabbage in a blender and blend till smooth, drink this juice before each meal and before you go to bed. Repeat for few weeks. Use fresh cabbage juice each time you want to take it. Do not do plenty and keep so that the nutrients and living enzymes will not get weakened.
2. Aloe Vera: Heals the lining of the stomach. Take the fresh juice daily. You can also take aloe vera supplements like the one found here.
3. Carrot: Research has proved that fresh carrot juice has vitamin U that is an anti-peptic factor. You can juice carrots and take lot of the juice every day or you just chew them.
4. Garlic: The powerful antimicrobial and anti-bacterial effects of garlic helps to keep the activity and levels of pylori in check. Chew two or three cloves of garlic every day and add them generously to your meals.
5. Fermented foods: Supplies the gut with good quantity of good bacteria that can kill pylori. Add lots of kefir and unsweetened yogurt to your diet.
6. Honey: Glucose oxidase present in honey produces hydrogen peroxide which kills harmful bacteria like pylori. It also soothes and heals the inflammation in the lining of the stomach. Take two table spoons of honey early in the morning before breakfast, it will prevent and heal ulcer, strengthen the lining of the stomach and help to cleanse the bowels.
7. Essential oils: Peppermint oil and frankincense oils are great at relieving ulcer symptoms. Add two drops of peppermint oil and frankincense oil to your water two times daily until the symptoms are gone.
8. Fenugreek: Fenugreeks are rich in mucilaginous compounds and they coat the stomach lining like mucous thereby protecting it and speeding the healing process. Boil a tea spoon of fenugreek seeds in two cups of water, strain it, let it cool, add honey to it and drink it. Or you eat one tea spoon of fenugreek seeds with milk or you boil a cup of fenugreek leaves, let it cool, add honey and drink it twice a day.
9. Coconut: The anti-bacterial qualities of coconut kill pylori; studies even prove that coconut milk and coconut water has anti-ulcer properties.
10. Cayenne pepper: Capsaicin present in cayenne pepper blocks the secretion of stomach acid, stimulates the secretion of mucous, increase blood flow to the gastric mucosa, and boosts the production of alkali. All these helps in preventing and healing ulcers. Add it to your meals when preparing them or you can take the capsules or you can mix one-eight tea spoon of cayenne pepper in a glass of warm water. Drink it twice a day for the first three days, then you gradually increase the amount of cayenne pepper by one-quarter tea spoon twice daily for the rest of the week.
11. Bananas: Ripe and unripe bananas are very effective in fighting pylori as they contain anti-bacterial compounds. They also reduce the acidity of the gastric juices thereby strengthening the lining of the stomach and reducing inflammation. Eat at least three ripe bananas every day, take banana milkshakes and smoothies every day.
12. Probiotics: Helps in recolonizing the digestive tract with healthy bacteria and preventing infections from harmful bacteria.
13. Sugar: Avoid sugar (they feed bad bacteria like pylori), alcohol (triggers ulcer), caffeine (make the symptoms worse), spicy foods (irritate ulcers).
14. Green leafy vegetables: Supplies the body with vitamin K that repairs the damage caused by excess stomach acid.
15. High fiber foods: Repairs ulcers
16. Eat little: Eat several small meals per day than three large portions; this is to relieve ulcer symptoms and to reduce the burden on the digestive system.
Try the above 16 home remedies for stomach ulcer and I am sure it will be of help to you or someone close to you. If you are looking to cure stomach ulcer permanently, get this Ulcer Care Pack by a Chinese natural health company.
Show love to your friends and family by sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp so it can reach as many people as possible who are living with stomach ulcer or related condition. Thank you!
3 LIES Your Doctor Told You About Your Diabetes and How to Get CURED In Under 60 Days Permanently. Click Here NOW.
How I Permanently Normalized My Blood Pressure Naturally In 2 Months Without Dangerous Drugs & Live Freely Again. Learn More Here.
A Natural Method to Eliminate all Forms of Infections, STDs, etc. Find Out Here.
Arthritis is Curable Using this Ancient Chinese Herbs. Click Here to Read More.
Natural Cure for Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E in Under 60 Days. Click Here to Read How.
Do You Know? Fibroid Can Be Removed WIthout Surgery. Click Here to Read How.