Asthma is a health problem that is on the rise all over the world. It is estimated that over 300 million people suffer from asthma worldwide and that number is growing by the day.
According to the World Health Organization, asthma is responsible for more than 180,000 deaths worldwide every year, and it is the most common chronic illness among the world’s children.
What Is Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the respiratory system by causing difficulty in breathing due to obstruction and narrowing of the airways from the nose, mouth and larynx all the way to the lungs.
A common characteristic of asthma is that symptoms tend to occur suddenly in response to stimuli that irritate the immune system and air passageways. This primarily occurs when the airways spasm and swell causing them to narrow and secrete mucus. Breathing becomes constricted, which then leads to acute coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. This is what is described as having an asthma “attack.”
The word “asthma” is known to come from the Greek word aazein, which literally means sharp breath or to pant. Asthma was first recognized and officially named as a respiratory disorder by Hippocrates over two and half thousand years ago.
The attack can be minor, severe or even life-threatening.
Signs And Symptoms of Asthma
The signs and symptoms of asthma include:
- Shortness of breath
- Whistling and wheezing with breathing
- Chest pain and tightness
- Uncontrollable coughing
- Running out of air as you try to speak or inhale
- Feeling lightheaded, dizzy and weak
- Difficulty exercising
Common Triggers For An Asthma Attack
The common triggers for asthma attack that should be avoided include:
- Rigorous physical activity
- Animal dander
- Dust mites
- Certain medications
- Cold air
- Air pollution
- Sulfites and food preservatives
Forms Of Asthma
There are three common forms of asthma. These are:
- Child-Onset Asthma
- Adult-Onset Asthma
- Exercise Induced Asthma (caused by rigorous physical activity)
Home Remedies For Asthma
Conventionally, doctors use medications like anti-inflammatory drugs, steroids, “anti lgE” drugs and inhalers (bronchodilators) to help control asthma attacks and prevent serious situations.
While most of those drugs can help open up the airways very quickly, they have serious drawbacks as well.
According to Dr. John Mills, chief of infectious diseases at San Francisco General, “Conventional drugs used for treating asthma, particularly steroids can impair immune function and lead to more serious health problems… studies show that steroids cause permanent, debilitating effects after a single dosage.”
The good news is that you can treat asthma naturally through the following home remedies:
- Consume the Best Foods for Treating Asthma
Various studies have shown that consuming the right foods can be one of the best home remedies for asthma.
Vital foods to include in your diet plan are:
- Brightly colored carotenoid foods: a study of 68,000 women showed that those who ate more tomatoes, carrots and leafy greens had much lower rates of asthma and that people prone to asthma usually have low levels of circulating caretenoids in their blood.
- Foods with folate (vitamin B9): Folate helps to reduce allergic reactions and inflammation.Folate-rich foods include green leafy vegetables, beans and nuts.
- Foods with magnesium: magnesium can induce bronchial smooth muscle relaxation and allow air to get into and out of the lungs more easily. It can be found in greens, beans, nuts, cocoa and some ancient grains.
- Garlic, onions and mustard seeds
- Broccoli, broccoli sprouts, Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables
- Raw milk and cultured dairy.
- Foods with vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- Omega3-rich foods.
- Prebiotics and high-fiber foods
- Avoid Foods That Can Worsen Asthma
Along with other home remedies for asthma, you need eliminate or reduce foods such as trans fats or refined oils, conventional dairy, added sugar, gluten, and processed carbohydrates. The lack of nutrients in these foods stresses the entire body and makes it less able to neutralize toxins hence making it susceptible to asthma.
- Take Vitamin D Supplements
Vitamin D slows declining lung function and supports immune health. The body produces vitamin D which is a natural anti-inflammatory. But many people do not have sufficient vitamin D as a result of spending less time outside and eating low-nutrient diets.
- Use Essential Oils For Treating Asthma Symptoms
Essential oils that sooth allergies can help manage the coughing, wheezing and breathing problems that come with asthma.
Home-made vapor rub with eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil can help open up airways. Frankincense oil also lowers inflammation while lavender helps mitigate symptoms.
- Other Home Remedies For Asthma
- Avoiding irritants such as smoke, certain cosmetic products, anti bacterial soaps and disinfectants, and cockroaches, etc.
- Manage stress properly.
- Using herbs to cure asthma.
- Lack of exercise can cause asthma, while vigorous exercise can also lead to symptoms in people who already have asthma. It becomes important to seek profession advice where necessary in order to stay safe.
Meanwhile, one of the best natural solution is the use of herbs that permanently cure asthma. A tested and proven herb I can recommend and that cures asthma is Ashcure.
Ashcure is a renowned Chinese herbal formula for cleansing the whole respiratory system, cures the cough and stops plegm. It works directly on the nerves and muscle of respiratory system. It also releases the muscle tension, relieves asthma and adjusts the pace of breath. Ashcure cures asthma, bronchitis, bronchopneumonia and pneumonia caused by dust, infection, cold , flu or any other reasons. Read more about Ashcure here.
It is however important to note that in cases where medications are not able to help a sufferer during an attack, proper medical attention should be sought immediately to prevent an attack from becoming fatal.
3 LIES Your Doctor Told You About Your Diabetes and How to Get CURED In Under 60 Days Permanently. Click Here NOW.
How I Permanently Normalized My Blood Pressure Naturally In 2 Months Without Dangerous Drugs & Live Freely Again. Learn More Here.
A Natural Method to Eliminate all Forms of Infections, STDs, etc. Find Out Here.
Arthritis is Curable Using this Ancient Chinese Herbs. Click Here to Read More.
Natural Cure for Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E in Under 60 Days. Click Here to Read How.
Do You Know? Fibroid Can Be Removed WIthout Surgery. Click Here to Read How.